(David watches from his upper room – could this all be told from an “upper room” by a dead David recounting before he enters heaven?)
(scene in Garden; Tamar walks by humming song of innocence – maybe connect certain songs with ideals. Innocence is chosen.)
Amnon:
I am in love.
It rises in me like dough.
Jonadab:
My friend, it only rises
because you knead
it in your mind.
Amnon:
But I am in love.
I want her
like a drunk
yearns to suck wine.
I want her perfume
mixed with passion
to float into my lungs
as our bodies entwine
and become tangled like vines.
Jonadab:
My friend, your mind's eye
has obviously covered her body
like vines that move through
every crack and nook.
You are drunk.
Amnon:
Can an alcoholic control
his lusts? Is it his fault
that he needs the warmth
of another to flow through him,
become one with him?
I need to drink from reality
because my dough is done rising.
Jonadab:
I understand my friend,
my love for you is a down pour,
so I will share my plan...
(scene flip – quick – to Tamar making bread with Amnon playing sick)
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment